Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's gettin' hot in here!

Well, yesterday I experienced my first of many days of Las Vegas heat. The crazy weather forecast read 115 degrees! Which is really out of control. However, I will say that I would take this heat over Michigan heat ANY DAY!! Being outside just feels like your standing under a blow dryer because of the warm breeze...not like you are in a sauna dripping with sweat. I can honestly say that I don't miss the rain or clouds one bit. The sun is doin just fine shining out here! :)

Sunday night I went over to the park and played Volleyball with the Veritas (young adults at Hope) people. It was a ton of fun! I was so excited because we were playing beach volleyball! I told them not to expect talent...becuase honestly i come to feel the sand between my toes! haha. Surprisingly, they still let me play! I was so excited today because I recieved a call from one of the pastors asking if I would help with VBS in 2 weeks. It was kinda crazy because I had never signed up for it or anything; one of the girls I have been talking with and helping out in Children's Church told them to invite me! Very cool! However, I'm bummed becuase it's during the work week and I can't do it! Still the thought that counts!! :) Tonight I'm off to the Veritas bible study!

Breann my new working buddy is here! She is fantastic! Her and I are attending our first Teen Graduation on Sunday together. We are required to attend all teen graduations that are in Las Vegas... but I hear they are great so I'm really excited! Bridgit, my boss, is coming in town this week...which is exciting becuase I haven't seen her since I started working...oddly enough. So she'll be living with me here at the house starting tomorrow. I dont know how that works... living with your boss...but i'm going to give it a go and see what happens :)

That's about it. I'm keepin' busy...learning...growing... thinkin' about home :) Miss you guys!!! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: