Thursday, May 29, 2008

A little bit of crazy...

WE ARE HERE!!!


It's been a little bit crazy getting settled in, but we have made it! We arrived here in Vegas on Tuesday afternoon. We went straight to Rapport where I was brought to my new house! I absolutly love it...and have realized that there is no way on earth I will ever be able to afford anything like it! It's a 4 bedroom home equipped with an entertainment room, full kitchen, conference room, pool table room, and bathrooms. There are some pictures so you can take a peek! :)


Mom helped me get unpacked which really didn't take too long. I had the chance to meet my newest best friend...Margie...the cleaning lady! The reason for our friendship is becuase she too is from Livonia!! It was such a relief (for Mom) to hear that another Livonian had made the move out to Vegas...and loves it! She left her contact info for me and told me to call if I need ANYTHING (and she offered to wash my towels for me ;)


Mom and I also took full advantage of the trip and took our own journey down to the Strip! What an adventure! We shopped at the Planet Hollywood mall, ate at the Rainforest Cafe, and explored from the Trump Tower to Paris! I even bought my very first business suite from the mall on the strip!! :) It was a fun day...and a little vacation time before we got down to business finding the mundane things of life (ie the grocery store, bank, postoffice, etc).


The next 2 days were spend APARTMENT HUNTING!!! Probably my least favorite part of moving! Luckily my GPS system (aka Lucy) arrived just in time to make navigation a lot less painless. I think today we found a place for me to move in August...only time will tell!! For two days I have been driving around this new city made up of U-turn lanes and funny highway entrance ramps trying to make myself feel (look) like a local. But all went sour today when I ran into an episode at the Carwash! Not realizing I needed a car wash code to wash my car after already entering the wash...I had to back out of the carwash making those behind me quite frustrated that they too had to back out of the car wash. But I didn't have to say anything...they saw the "MICHIGAN" plate on my car and it seemed to make sense.


Mom will be here until Saturday afternoon. I talked to Jeff today and he made sure I realized how difficult the departure for Mom will be. He asked how I thought I was going to handle it and I said "check back on Sunday...when I dont have any friends left."


Im really looking forward to life out here in Vegas! Although many people can't realize it, the town really is quite quaint! You just have to step off the main mile and the town is transformed into a cute community of young people all just trying to live life! I'm excited to see what the time in front of me holds!


I'll keep you update :)



No comments: