Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving in Michigan

Happy Winter!!!

I know it's official here, not by the weather, but because I switched my coffee preference over to Peppermint Lattes instead of Pumpkin Spice ;) And, the radio stations are blasting Christmas music every other song! I was laughing to myself today as I was driving home from work. The lyrics played through my car, "Oh the weather outside is frightful..." Well, frightful if you consider 70 degrees and sunny a bad thing?? Strange... although it is my second year of experiencing desert winters...I'm sure it's just one of those thing I'll never get used to. I'm a girl that loves a "Winter Wonderland" for a little while at least!

Thanksgiving home was a great trip! The word "Family" doesn't even describe what I did at home. I arrived late on Wednesday night, just in time to get to bed. The day after is always a little nutty after flying in, so for the second year in a row I missed the Thanksgiving day Parade because I was still asleep. My friend Julie from SAU had Thanksgiving at the Vann's this year, which was a great treat! The table seated about 18 this Thanksgiving. And I ended the day with a visit with Breayne from MRBC at Ramshorn. Gotta love that place... the only thing opened on Thanksgiving night! My Mom and I hit up the Black Friday Shopping Spree around the town at 5am. I got a great start on most of my Christmas shopping with my brilliant plan of leaving it all there for my return at Christmas.

Friday afternoon Meliss, LD, and Clare arrive at my parents house. Clare has grown about a foot since I've seen her last and we had so much fun playing together! We had the Vann Family Photo shoot which was NUTS! We did it for Mom and she owes us BIG TIME! I also got to enjoy a "date night" with Meliss! A time for her and I just to catch up without the craziness of everyone around! Saturday was my nephew Jayden's 1st Birthday ... so as you can imagine the family was back together AGAIN! Sunday, mom and I headed out to watch Pops "in action" at the pulpit in Dundee! :) We enjoy dinner together and I headed back to Vegas. A fast trip, but I accomplished what I set out to do... enjoy the family I'm blessed to have!

I realized there is a striking pattern to what happens when I arrive home... unpack, wash, repack, repeat. This weekend I am headed to Alamo, NV (3 days) to facilitate a Corporate Leadership training class. The awesome thing about it is two of my college profs are going to be there as well! We are going to have a blast!

Updates for you:
Newest Pass-time: Karyn Kingsburry books
Newest Fad: I just bought new Brown Tall boots. LOVE THEM!
Newest Addiction: Peppermint Lattes
Newest Goal: 5 day a week Spin Classes at LVAC with Alena

Its my intention to start my "new things" now so that when the NEW year comes...I'm already settled in and ready to rock it :)

Enjoy your "Frightful weather" out there :)
Vaness

No comments: