Friday, February 20, 2009

A little bit of everything


A night at the Fountains ... my favorite!
A picture with the Birthday Girl (Gabby turned 1) and Lindsey... my soon to be roomie!
Gabby digging into her Birthday Cake! YUM :)

Cooking up a Valentine's Day Surprise in my new apron :)

Happy Valentine's day!! Of course I am sending love and WARM wishes to you all the way from Las Vegas! Today the sun was shining and the temperature hit 70 and it was great!! My laptop is still set for Michigan and I'm always reminded of the cold when I log in... I'm blessed :)
Today I had quite the surprise as I was purchasing my plane ticket to head to Detroit for work in March I realized that I have a 1.5 hour lay over in Charlotte, NC so Meliss and Clare are going to meet me for a coffee date... just flyin' in for some coffee with my big sis :)
This weekend is a relaxing weekend just hanging out at home... I honestly don't remember when I had one of those! And I'm taking full advantage of it! Pampering myself with a haircut tomorrow and a clean sweep at home.
Work has completely taken a HUGE shift for me this week... although I have always enjoyed my job... this week has been different. I feel as though I have found my niche and enjoy all of the elements of what I do. I was told (before leaving home) that if I find a job that I absolutely love then I will never have to go to work again. Although I don't know that Rapport is a forever thing... I do know it's a God thing. And I absolutely love where He has lead me. Through the backpack drive to the Children's Heart foundation camp to hosting the Nation-wide Rapport Teen Speaking Contest I feel as though I'm reaching out in my community and making an impact... and that is where I strive to be! Simply knowing that who I am makes a difference in this world. I love that God picked me to be a part of this!
I'm growing...I'm being challenged daily! I'm being stretched outside of my comfort zone... and I believe that's where the most growth take place. There are days that I miss playing an active role in the lives of my friends and family, yet there is no way I can complain!
If you are up for a vacation to somewhere warm, sunny, and has palm trees...give me a call! :) ...still it's strange that I live here!
Miss you!!
Love,
V

1 comment:

jacksonfamily said...

I'm coming to visit!! And I can't wait for our coffee date in Charlotte. I LOVE YOU!!