Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

Happy New Year!!! I wish that I could tell you that my new year's eve was filled with fun, fireworks on the strip, and friends... but in all honesty...I fell asleep at about 9:30. Partly because I'm lame...partly because of Michigan jet lag, but MOSTLY because I have an awful cold that has completely wiped me out! I've spent the first day of the new year in my PJs, watching movies, reading, and drinking hot cider... not a bad day :)

I was able to go home to Michigan for a week and spend some much needed time with my family! It was great to have EVERYONE back together again! I can't believe how many changes have taken place in the last 6 months let alone the last year! I graduated from college, moved to Las Vegas, a niece and a nephew were added to my life, I have my own place and a career...and that is just the change that can be seen on the outside! The past year has been filled with SO much growth its hard to believe I was a part of it all.

Next week my Mom is coming out to visit and I have 8 SAU students and my cousin Kevin coming out to Las Vegas to attend Leadership Breakthrough One (18-22). It will be SO awesome to have them all here, but also to watch them go back home and live!! When my boss and I go out there in Feb/March it will be interesting to see the impact it has made on the SAU Campus!

I will be heading home in Feb/March to do a couple of High School Assemblies. I'll keep you posted on the dates.

As always, I continue to learn more and more the longer I'm away. I told my family that I need to either start dating someone or get a roommate because the more time I spend by myself the more selfish I can feel myself getting! Ha!

Here are some of the new discoveries I have made:
  • THIS PORTION OF MY BLOG HAS BEEN EDITED AS REQUESTED BY MY MOTHER. PLEASE CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION :)
  • The importance of leaving your heat on when you are away for a week in the winter
  • It takes approximately 3.5 hours to heat a small apt after leaving the heat off for a week in the winter
  • And last... but certainly not least... how important it is to have a girl tool kit handy at all times (Thanks Crouson's for the gift!!)

Yet it's that time of year to say out with the old and in with the new... I know several new life lessons are waiting just around the corner of 2009! Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead and thanking you for yet another year well spent!

Sending Love...

Vaness

1 comment:

jacksonfamily said...

haha, would the edited part have to do with breaking into your own apt???? I LOVE YOU