Thursday, December 11, 2008

December in Vegas...STRANGE!

What a strange concept to experience winter in the desert! I often leave for work in the morning wearing a light jacket, sunglasses, and open toed shoes. Yesterday looked like the first day of fall blowing through when a few leaves fell from the trees. I was even invited to a beach volleyball game and garage sale...I thought I absolutely hated winter out here because I just wasn't experiencing all four season....THEN I went home!:)

My first trip back to Michigan just shy of 7 months away from "home." I explained to my Mom how confused I was on the plane when the woman next to me asked if I was going "home" for Thanksgiving. Yes, and I was also leaving home. Strange concept! It was absolutely wonderful to get to Michigan and see my family!! It's so funny to me that after being gone for over a half of a year, stepping back into my parents house was still the same as it has always been. Funny! I had a wonderful surprise the day after Thanksgiving and that was my nephew, Jayden Wayne Vann was born :) That makes it official, I am the good luck charm for child birth :) Strange! What a perfect way to spend Thanksgiving! He is the cutest little boy and it will be fun to see him and Clare together for Christmas in just a few weeks.

The week after Thanksgiving I decided it would be a super idea to go BACK to Michigan. This time my trip was all about friends :) I got a round trip flight for just $40 and it was obvious why when I got on my plane. What could I expect though, right? I'd do it again for sure :) I landed at 5:30am Saturday and was back in Vegas by 10:00pm on Sunday! My weekend was spent up at Spring Arbor University and although it was a quick trip, I believe there is not one other person I could have squeezed into the trip! AND...SNOW!

It's hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner! Christmas shopping is just about done (and most of the presents in Michigan)! Woo hoo!

Life is good...God continues to be good...and Nevada ain't too bad either :)

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope to see you all on my visit back to Michigan this Christmas. I will be in Michigan Dec 24-30!

Sending love and Christmas wishes :)
Vanessa

No comments: